WELCOME TO MEDICARE FOR ALL AMERICANS
“Recent Kaiser and Gallup surveys have shown that nearly 6 in 10 Americans, 58 percent, support a Medicare-for-all approach, with the Gallup poll finding that 41 percent of Republicans favor replacing the ACA with "a federally funded health care program providing insurance for all Americans,” (Dr Carol Paris said.)“And surveys show physician support is also strong and growing. Hundreds of labor, civic and faith-based organizations have endorsed this model of deep-going reform." Source: PNHP
Medicare for All Makes $en$e
Click on attachment above to download table with links to the studies that demonstrate the ways Medicare For All saves dollars.
Medicare For All Americans is the most efficient way to provide health care to all Americans.
Medicare For All Americans means:
1. The Centers For Disease Control (CDC) estimates there are 28.4 million Americans under the age of 65 without health insurance. (CDC) If we use the per person cost of health care in the U.S. today of $10,000 the cost of providing care for all uninsured men, women, and children is $284 Billion. If we turn to taxes instead of private for profit health insurance companies to provide insurance/single payer/Medicare For All there is no reason to continue the tax deduction currently provided for employer insurance. That deductions amounts to $260 billion. This is one way we are very close right out of the gate on providing coverage for all.
2. All the money paid to private insurance companies during the working years goes to one system that pays during the working years and during retirement. In 2015 working Americans paid $1.1 Trillion in to private for profit health insurance. (CBO Feb 2016 Private Insurance Premiums and Federal Policy Page 5)They paid $238 billion into Medicare.(2016 Annual Report Medicare Trust Fund. Page 10) If the $1.1 trillion was paid into a single payer/Medicare it could help shore up Medicare.
3. Per person personal health care spending for the 65 and older population was $18,988 in 2012, over 5 times higher than spending per child ($3,552) and approximately three times the spending per working-age person ($6,632). CMS
Web 2017 This accounts for the ACA bill announced today allowing up to five times higher costs for elderly.
4. Health care providers will save over $400 billion with smaller billing departments when we have a single payer system.
5. Medicare will be able to negotiate prices with health care providers. If we allow Medicare to negotiate prescription costs the reduction will decrease the cost of care.
6."By eliminating the two drivers of health cost inflation in the United States private insurers and a profit-oriented provider system we would bring the United States into line with the rest of the advanced world. It will be argued that this idea is “politically unrealistic,” but that hardly justifies not even trying, or imagining that anything else will work. The first step is to tell it like it is." Dr. Marcia Angell: Boston Globe: Web 2017
If you want to retire and stop paying large health insurance premiums the best way to assure it can happen is Medicare For All Americans. The system we currently have with the large majority of the money during the working years going to private insurance companies does not work. The balance is backwards, convoluted, and complex. The complexity takes money that could and should go to health care and puts it in the hands of health care administration and private health insurance companies.
Health care costs are the single largest costs at most businesses in the U.S. Medicare has an overhead of about 3 %. Private health insurance has an overhead of 20%. Click on the Movie Fix It below to watch a movie that describes why Medicare For All is good for business.
If your community group wants to provide a video or a presentation you can:
1. Contact Health Care For All Americans.
2. Download a video to show to your group.
3. Download a presentation you can edit and present to your audience.
4. Download a Power Point to augment your presentation.
5. Download handouts and letters to send to Congress.
Call 567-204-1535 if you want more information about this website.
If you believe healthcare is a right contact us.
If you want to spend healthcare dollars on health care instead of repetitive, redundant, billing procedures and insurance.
If you want to have freedom to choose your own healthcare facility and your own physician with no fear of extra charges contact us.
If you have any questions contact us. If you have any information to improve this site contact us.